Saturday, April 2, 2011

Not Dead

I made a tumblr account. http://foolishfaunsandfriends.tumblr.com/  not much is on it but it's just for sketches. I'll use Blogger for more serious work.



Junior Year has gone extremely fast and I have only one month left until I'm a big bad senior. It's extremely frightening....But this year I put all my effort into my thesis project and I got into the Junior Show. http://public.sva.edu/brian/2011/0175/poisonedapples_page.html 
4 out of 5 painting I completed got in. I'm still in shock and feel like I know nothing, but woooooooooooo!!! I completed my one goal this year of just getting in. I think my painting has improved, but I stil have so much to learn. My colors come out too dirty. I guess I just give dirty Jersey a new meaning. :/



 
Here's the progress of the painting that did not get in. 

I'll post progress of the other paintings when the show is over. 

1st Image for my children book class with Peter McCarty. He was super chill teacher.

2nd image my scanner is poopy so I edited some things in Photoshop and it came out creepier than the original.  


Basically with these two images I began by making a mistake in pencil and it turned into this thing (I won't call it a technique because it's more of an happy accident) where I carve into the paper with a "H" pencil and then shade over with a "B" pencil so it creates a weird pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment